Thursday, May 24, 2007

Travel Gear

Kelty Red Cloud 5600
Sturdy, comfortable, and lots of pockets.


CamelBak Rim Runner
Perfect hydration daypack with tons of storage.
Added bonus: I can easily attach it to the front of my Kelty.


REI Half Dome 2 HC
Best tent for the money... great ventilation.


REI Polar Pod +20
When everyone else in my Inca Trail group
was cold in the Peruvian Andes, I kept toasty warm.


Therm-a-Rest ProLite 4 Sleeping Pad
Ultra-light and compact... great with stuff-sack.


Cocoon Ultralight Air-Core Pillow

Doesn't give the best five-star comfort, but it's not bad.
It's worth comes in the fact that it stuffs down to
the size of a baseball!


Eagles Nest Outfitters, Inc. DoubleNest Hammock
No question - the BEST $80 (incl. $20 straps) I have ever
spent in my entire life. I take it everywhere.


Rough Guides

Pound for pound, the best guides around.


Canon Powershot A80
Great travel camera for three reasons.
(1) Takes terrific photos
(2) AA batteries are everywhere
(3) Viewfinder flips around for self-portraits


Canon Powershot SD750

My other camera... small and light. Great for
throwing in your pocket for a night out on the town.


MSR Superfly Stove
Weighs almost nothing, and puts out a nice flame.
Most important: Easy to use.


MSR BlackLite Gourmet Cookset
Seriously lite, this set stacks within itself and
tucks neatly away in a stuff sack.


Novara Aspen
This mountain bike is a little heavy, but it's actually
pretty good quality for the novice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home